|Posted on September 4, 2018 at 7:20 AM|
REF # 1808
Software Developer - JAVA (LOCATION MALTA)
We are on the lookout for a Software Developer to join the Malta based offices of our international Client. The selected candidate will be responsible for development of a suite of applications used within the financial sector. Development will apply to systems related to reporting, trading, accounting, messaging, and integration. The role functions within a team of experienced developers who are constantly improving what and how the work is done. A love for the art of software development is essential.
Main Duties include:
• Work on business layer components of the applications.
• Produce clear and maintainable code within the agreed timeframes, budgets and quality levels.
• Maintain version control and produce clear and standard documentation for new code and successive updates.
• Unit test any code produced, deliver same for UAT and handle the change management cycle until the new code is released to the production environment.
• Participate in code reviews with the team
• Carry out meetings and actively correspond with users to clearly define and document requirements, accurately determine effort in terms of time and resources.
• Suggest improvements that could improve operational efficiencies and guide users whenever requirements do not meet security, quality or performance standards.
• Provide regular reports on matters relating to open issues and developments in the pipeline.
• Contribute to the continuous learning of the team to ensure improvement and increased efficiency.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience with java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with java development.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with web application development
• Ideally would have experience creating Restful Web Services
• Have a strong understanding of source code version control systems with GIT experience being a strong plus.
• Ideally be in possession of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the above vacancy and you believe you are a good fit for this role, send your CV confidentially today on email@example.com and we will contact you shortly after. Please add Job Reference Number in the subject line.
Categories: IT JOBS